As a relatively new blogger who has been inconsistent in posting over the past few months, I was both surprised and honored to find out that I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” award.
Thank you Sandra Fleming for this your nomination, which I accept. Blogging does not come naturally to me. I struggle coming up with topics that I think will be interesting, so for you to not only read my blog but also recognize it means a lot.
Here are the rules:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog:
Here are seven facts about me:
- I was born in Southern California but have lived in Oklahoma since I was 17. The culture confusion has lead to many therapy sessions.
- I am an only child. My cousins referred to it as spoiled.
- I have been married (to the same man) for almost 38 years. We met during tornado season (he was a storm watcher, I was a coward). Our first date was the movie “Death Wish”. Did I tell you I have been married 38 years?
- I work full-time as a business analyst, a very left-brained activity. My writing is an attempt to equalize the playing field
- I will be going on my 3rd cruise in two weeks. I love it. Not so sure my husband does, however
- I have a secret ambition to write a mystery novel.
- I have a passion for genealogy. I have been tracing my family tree since I was a child and I am always thrilled with each new discovery. I recently started a new blog geared toward family history. It’s called Descended From Royalty if you want to check it out
Now for the nominees. Peer recognition is so very important and I am happy to recognize other bloggers whose words inspire me and lift my spirits. Therefore I am pleased to nominate the following:
- Perspectives On….
- What Oft was Thought
- Silver Threading
- Second & NE
- Love Happy Notes
- Big Red Carpet Nursing
- Alzheimer’s Wife
- Write Beside the Sea
- Mum C Writes
- Celebrating Sunshine
- It’s a Charmed Life
- Mum C Writes